Frequently Asked Questions
Questions about Arima Onsen Taikou-no-yu Package Tickets
- Where can I use my One-day Pass (Hankyu and Hanshin versions)?
Hankyu version: All Hankyu lines as well as Kobe Rapid Transit Railway lines (from Kobe-Sannomiya Station to Minatogawa Station) and Kobe Electric Railway (from Minatogawa Station to Arima Onsen Station)
Hanshin version: All Hanshin lines as well as Kobe Rapid Transit Railway lines*1 (from Motomachi Station to Minatogawa Station) and Kobe Electric Railway (from Minatogawa Station to Arima Onsen Station)
*1 Kobe Rapid Transit Railway lines: Please note that the pass cannot be used between Shinkaichi Station and Nishidai Station.
- Can I use the pass's outward and return tickets on separate days?
- Unfortunately you could not use it. The tickets must be used on the same day, the expiration will be until the last train on the use day.
- Are there passes that can be used over a two- or three-day period?
- No. Only the Hankyu and Hanshin versions of the One-day Pass are available.
- Can I purchase the pass and where can I get it in Japan ?
- Yes, you can. The pass is available for purchase at Hankyu Tourist Center, OSAKA-UMEDA; Hanshin Electric Railway Service Center (in Kobe-Sannomiya); and at the Kansai Tourist Information Center at Kansai International Airport, among other places. For more information, please see sales office information page in Japan.
- Are there any restrictions on when I can use the Taikou-no-yu ticket?
- The ticket may not be used during extended holidays in Japan (although the hot spring is open during those periods). In addition, the ticket cannot be used on dates when the hot spring is closed. For more information, please see the hot spring's website.
- Will I need to show my passport when I use the pass's tickets?
- No. However, please show your passport when purchasing the pass in Japan.
- Will the Taikou-no-yu ticket give me access to the entire facility?
- The ticket entitles you to use all of the hot spring's 26 baths except the Taiko Yumejuraku premium bedrock bath and the Hyotan Yumejuraku private bedrock bath, which require a separate fee. However, the ticket includes coupons offering discounts for those baths (for example, ticketholders can use the Taiko Yumejuraku bath for 30 minutes, which usually costs ¥514, for half price).
- How can I get from Arima Onsen Station to Taikou-no-yu?
- Taikou-no-yu is a 7-minutes walk from the station. There's also a free shuttle bus (which operates from 10:00 am to 8:00 pm).
- Can I get a refund for the pass?
- No refund is available.
- Is there a children's version of the pass?
- There is no children's version.
- Can I use the One-day Pass for travel on JR, Kobe Municipal Subway, or Hokushin (Hokushinkyuko) lines (from Shin Kobe to Tanigami)?
- The pass is not valid for travel on those lines.
- Can I use the pass for travel from Kansai International Airport?
- The pass is not valid for travel from Kansai International Airport. However, you can travel to Umeda from the airport via shuttle bus.
*Travel from the airport to Umeda via the shuttle bus costs ¥1,550 each way and takes about 60 minutes.
- How much does it cost, and how long does it take, to travel from major Hankyu and Hanshin stations to Arima Onsen（Hot spring）?
Hankyu Kawaramachi Station: About 2 hr. and ¥1,330 each way (via Shinkaichi)
Hankyu or Hanshin Umeda Station: About 1 hr. 20 min. and ¥1,010 each way (via Shinkaichi)
Osaka Namba Station: About 1 hr. 40 min. and ¥1,100 each way (via Shinkaichi)
Kobe-Sannomiya Station: About 50 min. and ¥710 each way (via Shinkaichi)
*Fares are current as of March 2017.
- What are Taikou-no-yu's business hours?
- The hot spring is open from 10:00 am to 11:00 pm (doors close at 10:00 pm).
- Can I dine at Taikou-no-yu?
- Food can be purchased from Kawadoko-no-En restaurant and Yu-no-Yama Kaido food court at the hot spring. You can pay for food using the wristband that you receive when you enter the facility.
- Do I need to bring anything with me in order to enjoy Taikou-no-yu (for example, a towel or soap)?
- You don't need to bring anything with you. (The hot spring will give you a large and small towel as well as a robe in your choice of color and size to use while you're at the facility. Soap, shampoo, rinse, and other amenities are available in the baths.)
- When do the last trains to major stations in the area depart from Taikou-no-yu (Arima Onsen Station)?
Hankyu Kawaramachi Station: 10:11 pm (arriving at 12:14 am)
Hankyu Umeda Station: 10:58 pm (arriving at 12:26 am)
Hanshin Umeda Station: 10:42 pm (arriving at 12:03 am)
Osaka Namba Station: 10:42 pm (arriving at 12:24 am)
Kobe-Sannomiya Station: 11:12 pm (arriving at 12:09 am)
*All prices reflect use of Taikou-no-yu coupons. Train times are the results of searching the weekday timetable.
- How much does it cost to travel from Umeda to Arima Onsen（Hot spring） via express bus?
- The one-way express bus fare is ¥1,370 (children, ¥700).
- How can I get from Arima Onsen（Hot spring） to Mt. Rokko?
You can travel between Mt. Rokko and Arima Onsen（Hot spring） via the Rokko-Arima Ropeway. Travel between Rokko Sancho Station and Arima Onsen Station costs ¥1,010 (children, ¥510) one way and ¥1,820 (children, ¥910) round trip.
Adult fare applies to travelers age 12 and older. Children's fare applies to travelers ages 6 to 11. Travel time is about 12 minutes. Service is available at an interval of about 20 minutes from 9:30 am to 5:10 pm (July 20 to August 31: until 9:30 pm).
*Service may be canceled due depend on the weather. Please check the following link for more information:
- When can I enjoy cherry blossoms and autumn leaves?
- Although the exact times vary from year to year, the area's cherry trees typically bloom from the end of March to early April, and leaves change color in mid November.